A crown is a tooth-shaped “cap” that is placed over the entire visible portion of the tooth. A crown will look, feel and function just like any of your natural teeth. Crowns offer greater strength than simple fillings and also help to protect the tooth from further damage.
– It normally takes two appointments to prepare and cement a crown.
– During the first visit, your dentist prepares the tooth to enable an impression to be taken and places you in a temporary crown.
– After the impression is taken of your tooth, the crown is custom-made by a specialized lab technician according to the dentist’s instructions.
– At your second visit, the temporary crown is removed and the tooth is thoroughly cleaned and the new crown cemented into place.
– At Urgent Dental Care we provide lots of different types of crowns including porcelain, gold, all ceramic and zirconia all differing in price.